30+ Garden Projects using Sticks & Twigs
Check out these easy DIY garden projects using twigs, sticks, and branches from your backyard. Ideas include trellises and plant supports as well as garden art.
When you’re next pruning your trees, bushes, grapevines, or raspberry canes, set the pieces aside for some of these projects. If you have willow growing on your land even better since it can be used to create all sorts of attractive and useful features for the garden.
Each of the projects below has a link to their source and many include instructions on how to recreate them. If in doubt, consider making a project using your own method. Some common techniques for these garden projects include:
- Traditional Wattle weaving – here’s how including a video
- You can make many newly cut sticks more bendy by soaking them in water
- Binding with garden string
- Gluing together with wood glue
- Nailing or screwing pieces together. Make sure to use nails that won’t rust unless you want that effect.
- For even more garden ideas, check out the Gardening DIY & Upcycling Pinterest Board