How to Build a Hexagon Planter
Build a DIY hexagon-shaped planter for a beautiful and unique raised garden bed.
Hexagon planter boxes are an attractive and unique way to grow plants on your deck or in your backyard. Build a few of these planters in different sizes and heights for an impressive alternative to rectangular raised garden beds. After completing your new hexagon planter, add a trellis to your hexagon planter to support climbing plants like honeysuckle, tomatoes or ivy. Just follow our step-by-step tutorial to build your own hexagon planter.
- Miter saw
- Measuring tape
- Paint brush
- Eight 2- x 12-inch x 8-foot pressure treated boards
- Two 1- x 3-inch x 8-foot S4S poplar boards
- 1 quart paint or stain
- #10 3-inch exterior wood screws
- #8 2-inch Phillips bugle-head exterior wood screws
- #13 2-inch steel finish nails
- Wood glue