DIY: Hanging Grow Bags for Your Plants
Make these portable, simple, DIY hanging GROW BAGS for your plants and add more vertical space. They are functional and perfect for a small space!
Instead of splurging dollars on fancy planters, you can make these DIY hanging grow bags for your plants. They are portable and straightforward. If you’re growing stylish, colorful flowers, there’s no need to get fancy with glazed pots or antique planters. You most likely own most of the supplies required for this project as well. And if not, they are easy to find too!
- Heavy-duty garbage bag
- 1 8″ X 24″ scrap of wood
- Staple gun with staples
- 6- 8 seedlings
- Lightweight potting soil mixture
Step for Making this Bag
1. Lay the garbage bag out flat.
2. Fold it into a 16″ x 30″ rectangle, which will be the basis for your hanging planter.
3. Line up the top of that rectangle with the upper part of the wood, laying it over the piece of wood.
4. Wrap 2″ to the back of the wood, stapling it securely in several places lengthwise.
5. Repeat on the opposite side.
6. Flip the remaining 6″ of the bag at the bottom of the hanger up the back of the wood.
7. A staple in place.
8. At the lower part of your plant hanger, poke several small drainage holes.