Make a Living Succulent Picture
Create your own living mosaic to hang on a wall, indoors or out!
Add a little charm and greenery to your home with an extravagant living-succulent picture. This succulent display is so stunning, it’s practically meant to be framed. Succulents are a natural choice for vertical gardens because they grow slowly and have low water requirements. With our step-by-step guide, you can make a living picture all by yourself.
If you’re new to growing succulents, follow these design tips to get your creative ideas growing!
- Keep the price down by using an inexpensive flea market picture frame and free cuttings of succulents from your garden
- Choose varieties that stay small
- Limit your palette to three or four colors. Select different varieties of succulents within that color scheme
- Create a river of color through the picture. Form a diagonal swath of one color, either with one type of plant or different varieties in that color scheme
- Give your picture a focal point, such as a cluster of succulents or a singular large specimen such as Aeonium